- Conduct outbound sales calls as well as personal visits to customers with the objective(s) of new account acquisition; existing account expansion; and existing account retention.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships with an assigned group of customer accounts.
- Contribute to overall development and continuous improvement of sales.
- Cultivate new customers from referrals, cold-calls, trade shows, etc.
- Meet daily and weekly objectives for outbound calls.
- Meet monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals.
- Actively participate in weekly meetings with sales management to review the week’s objectives.
- Will be expected to create, edit, and maintain a running list of active customer both direct and indirect.
- Sales and/or telemarketing experience a must.
- Exposure to fields such as business administration, accounting, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a two or four year degree.
- A candidate with equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered, but a college degree is preferred.
- Experience in the dietary supplement and nutritional industry is a major plus.
- Strong selling and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to make personal connections with customers.
- Articulate and courteous phone manner.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.